Sunday, September 17, 2006

GGSM(New Mexico State) 48, Texas Southern 14

New Mexico State is proving to be a real Division I-AA powerhouse. Too bad the Aggies play in Division I-A. After opening the season with a 30-15 win over I-AA Southeast Louisiana, New Mexico State beat up on I-AA Texas Southern this week.

Aggies QB Chase Holbrook is putting up some very nice numbers so far in this season. Only one quarterback in the nation, Texas Tech's Graham Harrell, has attempted or completed more passes during the first three weeks of the season, but Holbrook's 1200 yards is 278 more than Harrell's and 235 more than second place, BYU's John Beck. Holbrook's 9 TD passes trail only the 10 of Florida's Chris Leak. Of course, Harrell, Beck, and Leak have done their work against only I-A opponents.

The Aggies are off next week. I mean they don't play. It seems that something's off with them ever week. In two weeks they play UTEP.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home